Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tesco's ate me

I took a short walk today. Down to the local Tesco. Although local it is a pretty big place. Normally I don't like such over sized shops, with reputations of strangling their suppliers because of their buying power. But I needed the air, it was raining and overcast. Sparkling was suggesting I change profession to Bank Robber. I'm a little apprehensive about such a suggestion so the walk would give me some relief.

I arrived at Tesco after a twenty minute walk. Not overawed at this point because I enjoyed the walk. It's odd how just an innocent, innocuous thing like walking round a store can slowly creep up on you. A little like the Venus Fly Trap and an unsuspecting fly. Except with Tesco's this was a little slower fly traps are fast. I walked around the stationary area, having a penchant for paper, pens and such like items. They nearly send a shiver of excitement down my spine. Then moved away with a cursory glance at DVDs and mobile phones. A slow yawning crept its way from my lips. I could feel myself taking on a turn. Tiring. But I tried to keep focused. A list of items were to be obtained. The coconut milk was particularly difficult to locate. I had to ask a shelf-filler where they were. In about thirty different ailes the coconut milk took on the width of two tins. I wondered why it wasn't common to have a product finder. I was lost. Energy levels had now sapped away. I had to send a message of hope to the world. So did a quick text to Sparkling. By morning my face would be on milk cartons. Someone would be bound to report where they had seen me last. Perhaps even a blurred CCTV image shown on the late night news bulletin?

After a mild panic attack in which my feet seemed to walk. I had to get past trolleys blocking up the ailse. I did it though. OUT and freedom. Then it was a matter of walking back, which was all uphill and with 3 bags of shopping. Fortunately Sparkling just so happened to pass in the car. What a wonderful sight it was to, unfortunately I then spent another twenty minutes walking round another store. To be regurgitated again.

No comments: