Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Waking up at 2:37 a.m.

This morning I woke up at 2:37 a.m.. all I can recall was being in the middle of a dream and although not completely a nightmare there was some aspect of it which woke me. I wasn't scared as such, but think there was a dispute of some kind going on. I should write these things down. Awake. But my eyes were so tired I could not actually get up and do anything so just lay there doing my best to drop off again. It was weird. Checking the phone for was a predicate to whether it was appropriate to get up, hence being quite confident on the 2:37 a.m. part. The entire first half of the day, morning to lunch I was a complete grouch. Very unhappy and ready to bite the head off a soft furry cuddly cute creature, like a baby rabbit and not give a damn. This is the after effect of not sleeping.

At lunch time I spoke to Sparkling Eyes, we discussed a new protable house phone I'd ordered. Rock Chick had tittle tattled on Sparkling, by texting me Sparkling loathed the phone. It's a strong word to use "loath." I told Sparkling about the little dicky bird telling on her and she thought it was unfair Rock had done so. I'd even said to Sparkling if she didn't like the phone to give it to Rock. One of the issues seemed to do with the ringer. She could not find a tone she liked. Being German I asked whether it was an Oompah oopah sort of sound. Like a brass band and laderhosen. She wasn't happy but was going to put up with the thing. She punctuated her discussion with the comment "I don't want to be ungrateful..." which really tells it all. Sparkling might just go and buy her own house phone. I don't mind, all I want is to be able to talk to her once in a while. Sometimes it seems everybody else does but I don't get a chance.

Rock Chick texted me to say she was excited about my coming up to Scotland again. Which will be some time next week. She also said babyfro was now only ten weeks away. I wish she hadn't of said this. I was in the Chinese again and felt the same old pang of emotion and happiness, I could of cried into my chow mien, but held it together.  I think she knows what she can do, just a word here, or a word there and I'm all a jitter. Mind I do hear Rock is getting emotional all the time as well. I expect she will be happy once the ten weeks are over. If I'm up next week then it is down to 9 weeks and single figures. Sparkling has said Rock seems to be walking everywhere and is keeping in shape.  It's just the bump in front which is getting bigger and bigger.

No wonder I'm waking up at 2:37 a.m., I must get drunk, then wet the baby's head and get drunk again. Well in ten weeks time that's for sure. I can't wait to be called "Pops."

No comments: