Sunday, October 27, 2013

Winter begins

Poor baby Fro or shall I say Baby J, has a virus, over the last night both baby and Rock Chick were lucky if they got two hours sleep. It must be wearing the both of them out. To the extent Rock was due to go out on a girls night out but her mummy duties completely took over. Poor things. Sparkling texted me, she was at work and was fretting. I could tell she wanted to be there, to try and help, and try to make things easier. After a visit to the docs they were told there was no choice but to let the thing run it's course. Awwe. I can just imagine what her wee face looked like, as Sparkling told me, she looked sorry for herself. It's amazing how much expressing a 4 month old baby can have, when she smiles though it is like the entire room smiles as well. I have seen fewer beautiful things, and think Baby J's smile must beat everything.  I'm sure in a couple of days time she will feel better. No wonder mums are given so much maternity leave, the fact is they need it.

So it is officially the first day of Winter. The clocks went back, and some of them went back without any help at all. Such as my smart phone. I suppose you don't get called a smart phone for no reason at all. In fact it fooled me, which isn't too difficult nowadays. Perhaps I should call myself dumb man instead.  I woke up, looked at the phone, thought to myself "is that all" and I've still got to turn it back. Listened to a little bit of radio and then realised it was the right time and I was being greedy wanting two hours instead of just the one.  Hell, it's dark, not quite 7 p.m. and pitch black outside. It was a rush to get out of the house and head to work.

This momentous first day of winter has come with a weather warning. One which has been on the news for the last four or five days. Torrential rain and near hurricane force winds are due to hit the south of England. This very moment we should be getting a house shaking. I think it may have decided to move further north than hit us poor southerners. We had it once in October 1987, but twice is not on the cards, no, give us sunny days and mild winters, we just can't take it. There's been more wind in this house after I've had a curry than there is at this moment.  Of course on an inside windy night it's always best to open the window not what I'd do on a weather windy night.

The days get shorter and another year wears on. Chrimbo is round the corner and the fat bearded man is wearing red again. I wonder if he has any wind problems?


No comments: