Sunday, April 06, 2014

What is it about leopard print

I don't know what it is but for some reason women like leopard print. Myself I don't, it reminds me of a TV soap where one of the actors used to wear it all the time. Unfortunately Sparkling eyes has got a fixation for leopard print and today she has shown me how far this fixation has gone. The cat's food tray got the treatment, it's now a leopard print food tray, the front door has had some of the print stuck to it, a TV stand was attacked and in the kitchen above the washing up bowl stands a plant pot, it to has been smothered in leopard print. Sparkling sent me the pictures from her phone. There was also a picture of the hoover sitting somewhere between the front room and the kitchen, on the floor waiting to be switched on and used. If it sits still long enough and doesn't defend it's self then it will get the leopard print treatment. I don't know if this is a hormone thing or maybe there is a genetic predisposition towards it.  Sparkling got leopard print boots for baby Princess J, who likes to take them and put them in her mouth. On account of teething. So now a 10 month old baby has been indoctrinated into the leopard print club. When she grows up it will be her preferred pattern of choice.

Personally I can't say there is a colour pattern I prefer. Although as I've hit my fifties I do notice I visualise colours more and wonder what tie best suits my shirt. I see them in my mind's eye as fingers hover over ties. Thinking which is the best match.  I do have some lilac ties, and I don't know why I bought them, three in all, but they don't seem to match any shirt at all. I got them because I like them and yet haven't chanced to wear them.  I certainly do not have a leopard print tie, it would not make me happy to say the least. Yet it would be interesting to Sparkling. I don't think I have shirt which would match leopard skin. It just is  not my colour.

I notice even in the fish factory there are certain females who have a thing about wearing leopard print. It has this attraction to them. Why I don't know, I just don't get it. What is it about leopard print? It makes my eyes go funny. I'm sure it is not a camouflage thing. Otherwise the British army would be wearing it. Heaven's help us if they were in theatre with leopard printed helmets and fatigues. But if they did, I know one thing for sure, there would be a lot of women watching war films and thinking they must get a pair of leopard print boots, flack jacket and helmet as well.  The thought of this is all becoming too much, I can feel a brain freeze coming on, it's like the image of leopard print before me is making me freeze. Help, where's the lilac tie?

No comments: