Tuesday, April 29, 2014

It's only possible to pay attention to one thing at a time

I've been spending more time on mnemonics than I have with Harvey (Ukulele) recently, although he did get a strum earlier. When I talk to Sparkling about how I'm trying to remember things she then reminds me I've forgotten what shift she is working, or of some other matter.  The first rule though of remembering anything is attention. By focusing on something it is easier to understand and to retain it. It must be because I need to get my own story out when I'm chatting to Sparkling and in turn it just slips my mind I should equally pay attention to everything she says. But I don't think this is entirely my own doing, in general we are all guilty of this and I know at the same time I've spoken to Sparkling about subjects and she's just not paid any attention to me either. It could be because I can be boring, or it could be because she has other things on her mind at the time.  It is only possible to really focus on one thing at a time regardless of gender.

So tomorrow is a day off and I'll spend time possibly getting some exercise and also a little time with Harvey. In between these activities the mnemonic exercises will come out again. Maybe I should combine the two a little bit of rhythm and a little bit of good old country, I mean brain athleticism in training. Which is not physically tiring but sure is mentally.

No comments: