Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chinese New Year 2008 and yellow hair


Not having much to do and nearly waking up at 6:30 a.m. on a Sunday is a bad combination. Even contemplating the notion of Gym from which I've established an endorphin high is a sign of having to get a life. But today in London Chinese New Year celebrations were on. The year of the rat. What it means I don't know. Just as with other years it's going to be a good year. I'm sure it will be. Being born in the rabbit year myself I think I'm suppose to get on ok with rat years. It sure is lucky they don't have vegetables, because I'd hate to be a cabbage. Though some might say if the hat fits wear it, no i'm no vegetable, a rabbit will do nicely.

I set off from home with big Moma and Little Monster boy. I was hoping it would be a wonderful experience for the Little Monster, but after finding he had set the ground rules I was just basically around to ensure I had a good time and he did whatever he wanted. Which was not much as the crowds were pretty thick. Monster enjoyed his snapping noise making packets of paper. Just dropping them on the ground they would then make a little bang. He is after all 7 years old and will be 8 this year. Moma was a bit apprehensive of the crowds but even she showed a bit of spirit and managed to push herself quite close to one of the dancing lions. I snapped a way with my camera. Moma spent money on little toys while I bought 3 very nice egg custard tarts. One for each of us. I ate mine first to find it was hot, it must of just come out of the oven and was delicious. But extortionately expensive at £1.50 per tart. Way too many tourists were about and all the stalls were making a killing. If I had slanted eyes and a bent for business I'd of had a stall as well.

I got home and made roast beef. The first time we'd had it in a few years, a real beef joint. I remember growing up and nearly having it each Sunday. So I now expect to get mad cows disease. It can take 30 or 40 years to gestate. The beef was good, done well with a very small hint of red in the middle. Nothing to notice. A little mustard and I was in heaven. I reached for my phone after lunch to check for messages.

Yep, Rock Chick's hair colour had changed again. Now it is yellow rather than orange or the very much desired blond. I sure hope Sparkling Eyes is ok. I'm sure Rock Chick has been having a bad couple of days and she would of gone crazy. Never mind. Could be worse though for a teenage girl I can't think how much worse.

No comments: