Monday, February 18, 2008

Turner at the Thames

Looking out of the Fish Factory window I can see the Thames. Facing up towards the Thames Barrier. For the last few days cold air and thick fog has hit London, and the Thames, it's buildings either side and the snuffled hues of the sun have looked like a Turner painting. One where the mixes of colours are pastel in shade. Where there are no real defining features because the fog ensures a wedding viel effect. It is in short a beautiful sight to see. I advised my fellow fish gutters about it but they really didn't understand what they were looking at. Yes, fog, yes the light looks different, but it didn't sink in. I said it may be many years again before this sight is ever seen again. It fell on deft ears.

I got thinking, how many sunsets, how many days, how many nights, how many stars are seen in a life time? No matter how big the number, they are finite. Just as the people we know, the time we spend with them and the love we feel. I think of Sparkling Eyes and miss her.

No comments: