Saturday, May 16, 2009

Earth Quakes in my head

I was watching TV this afternoon, it was about earth quakes all over the world. Then it went on to describe a place where earth quakes are known to go on for up to an hour. It however was not earth. It was the moon. Unlike the earth the moon is a rock, because of it's solid nature when there is tension inside it, caused by the gravity of Earth, the moon begins to have quakes. The nature of the earth is it is mostly liquid and this acts like a sponge when a quake occurs so reducing the time. I checked out the scene of the moon, so beautiful and shining white above the earth. The camera showed astronauts having a walk, bouncing about like white two legged bunny rabbits. Then for some unknown reason I began to feel queasy. Sitting on a chair, at ground level I was having a vertigo attack. How on earth can such a thing happen?

Perhaps it's to do with an incessant headache. I woke up with the thing, couldn't shake it off. Spent four hours in the Fish Factory, and then decided I had to go home. At any moment I actually had the notion I was going to fall over. Both temples were being pierced by automatic drills. A pressure was building up in my head. Later on I managed to find a single paracetamol pill. Out of desperation I took it. Now some 15 hours later it has almost subsided in full. The vertigo was fine, the headache debilitating. I kept wondering at the time if there was anything I could of done to diminish the effects. There are multiple causes of headaches, dehydration, not enough sleep, even chocolate can bring them on. Or maybe I'm just having headache earth quakes of epic proportion, coinciding with blue moons and tidal pulls.

It must be a shame if the very thing you like causes the problem. Especially if you love chocolate. Maybe next time I'll just drink, and drink lots of alcohol. Because, if I'm going to have a headache you might as well have a good reason for it, rather than none at all. Yep, perhaps the cure is alcoholism. Nah, maybe not, maybe I'd just better get a supply of pills. Happy pills would be good. But certainly not watching a TV program about the moon which doesn't provide much escapism, that's for sure.

No comments: