Saturday, April 03, 2010

Fallen tree, middle fish and how I need a holiday

Scotland has had some pretty bad winds over the last few days. So Sparkling told me. This was without the wind being generated from my own fat belly and butt. A small tree in Sparkling's back garden has toppled over. It had been there years and years. The blossom was a beautiful purple and now it will never flower again. It's sad. However, Sparkling being made of more gumption than the average man decided she would spend a day cutting, hacking and sawing to remove the now drooped wooden structure. Meanwhile I sit eating chocolate Easter egg. Sparkling did say it would of been a task she'd of expected me to do. Of course I would of done it. But as with most women when Sparkles gets this urge something must be done, she then sets her mind to it. I had advised her there was a reciprocating saw in the shed and it might help.

Some hours later. Having been morally supported by two little grandchildren to a neighbour the job was mostly completed. Her back aching, and the blade on the reciprocating saw broken, what once was a broken down tree is now just chunks of wooden remains in the garden waste bin. I warned such a long labour would end up with her being stiff the next day or two. She hasn't got back to me yet so I don't know if her back had taken the toll. Then I recal she had said there was some left. Some which the saw and her efforts could not penetrate. The roots. So waiting for me now will be the task of digging out the roots. It may take a day or two, or longer. But as Sparkles has done such a good job, I will be ever so willing to help.

It's odd. I have now been working as a middle fish in the factory, having completed three days and I have complained to Sparkles I need a holiday. Her response is, it was about time I had a challenge and I worked for my money. It seems there is a downside to having your desires fulfilled. I can't wait to get at those tree roots.

Also being a middle fish I will need to make myself more accessible to the other little fishes. The one's who will be looking towards me for answers. When I previously would keep my phone number completely confidential now I am on the verge of giving it away to all and sundry fish. Any time I could be rung up, but I'm not in the Fish Factory at any time. Sparkles is pushing me on this to be available, to take the mantle and rise to the challenge. All I want is a holiday. If the last three days are anything to go by, I'm going to be requesting a holiday every couple of weeks. Someone throw this middle fish a life belt, one big enough to go around my waist. Which is another sore point, because Sparkling has told me she has lost 13 pounds in weight. Nearly a whole stone!!!! I am now depressed. The belly has got me, I really do need a holiday.

No comments: