Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An observational thought

I was walking along on my way to see the Little Monster Boy when I started thinking about how we do not see things. You can walk past something everyday and never really look at it. Certainly I considered, not until you take a seat and maybe begin to draw it. Then patterns emerge, shapes take on a different meaning and reality. Of course it depends on how skilled you are with a pencil and a piece of paper. But spending those few minutes just observing is an eye openner. However, watching paint dry would be taking the exercise a little too far. So I'll not be letting myself be overcome with the smell of paint fumes if i can help it. Contemplating this issue as I walked along I then took out my phone and saved my odd notions in a recording. Maybe one day in the future some aliens will find it and think these humans were a funny lot.

No comments: