Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Some time up North

It's day 5 at the House of Sparkling. Last night when I came out of the bathroom there she stood and "boo'd" me. My heart lost a beat. On another occaision while trying to help removed mascara from her face she reacted as though about to bite my finger off. The other night when Dangerous Sports Lad had left I became the subject of Rock Chick's humour. I was down and out in the first round. There was no letting up with it. I said to Rock Chick "you are dangerous" it was then I so wished Dangerous Sports Lad was back to keep her entertained. As a mark of Sparkling's impact on Rock,Rock let me into a macarbre secret. She said she was happy when Dangerous was miserable. When he was on the moan she took pleasure. Hmmm. It was like she was saying the only person who can make him happy was me. So he'd better be bloody miserable in any other circumstances. There is some odd power there. She has insight. Unfortunately, insight into men at the ripe age of something or other which I'll not say here.

Sparkling went off to work on an unexpected call out this afternoon. I was left alone with Rock and tried my usual dribble chat. She wasn't having it and it ended in Rock Chick telling me not to talk rubbish to her and to shut up. This morning I nearly fell down the stairs as the cat decided to try and trip me up. He would not stop meowing. I fed him then went back to bed. He meowed some more.

My alcohol consumption has gone up again. Sparkling was amused as I polished off the better part of a bottle of wine and shouted at the political debate on TV. "He's lying" I yelled. Of course he was, whoever he happened to be. Sparkling is mad at me because I'm not voting this election. Each moment she gets to rub my nose into it she does. Apparently I am allowed no say at all in politics now. If I say too much the finger point comes out, the index finger point. Yes I know, I deserve it. I just finished a portion of chips and curry sauce, Sparkling turned, looked at me and said "you're a typical man, Bud and chips." Maybe not so typical I interjected. Better get some cream and do her feet now, I'm on call after all.

And so have been my experiences these past few days.

No comments: