Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fearful imaginations

I was watching a clip from the space shuttle lift of last night, it was a special event because this was the last take off mission. A camera was mounted on the shuttle and the view point kept swopping. From ground to shuttle. As it got higher and higher the ground got further away. I started to wonder what it would be like on the shuttle as the vibrations from one hell of a giant fuel cell candle stick created enough thrust to take it into orbit. Then as the camera veiw went back to the shuttle I began to feel a little queezy, even disorientated. I wasn't on the thing, because I know I was reclined in my non reclining office like chair, but there was a dizzy spell which came over me. Like the ground really was getting further away and I had no wings. Of being helpless. I imagined I had a parachute and was able to drift back to earth. How I would kiss the ground. Fortunately the clip ended and I felt a lot better for it. Being a stupid I then watched it a second time. Except as I got higher off the ground I stopped the clip and turned the player off. Getting dizzy once was more than enough.

This morning I woke up in some wierd comedy dream. I thought it would make a funny book. It was about two men. I think I was on of them, and I was about to have a vasectomy. It was a little disconcerting as I lay there on this table with my legs up. Some chatter happened, I can't recall who was talking to who. But there was some kind of missunderstanding and then I realised I shouldn't of been in this operating theatre. Just about this time a sharp needle was stuck in my scrotum. I got up out of bed and wondered what was going on with me. Where are these self punishing dreams and imaginations coming from? Was there something wrong with my brain chemistry? And was the story good enough to write into a book, so as to make other people laugh. Except now I've forgotten most of what it was. Such is the nature of dreams. I sure hope Sparkling didn't have the same dream, she would of woken up with laughter and I'd never live it down.

No comments: