Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A nasty bit of software

Last night, there I sat just minding my own business watching an episode of 24, when out of the blue a message popped up on my monitor about needing some antivirus software. It then wanted to scan my PC, so I let it. However there was something not quite right, something different about this software. It told me I had loads of files infected and then it wanted me to download the full version and pay a subscription. At this time I was becoming annoyed. I tried to forget it and re booted. Then the nightmare began. For now the majority of the programs I used would not work. A little window popped up said each file was infected and just refused to run it. For your interest the nasty little fella is called:

Antivirus Suite or Antivirus Soft

By some great fortune I was able to use Mozilla explorer and then search for a solution. So yesterday my evening finished with the thought "what am I going to do?" Today, this evening I spent over an hour plus some, finding the solution and stamping up and down with both feet on the nasty little bug who decided to throw a spanner in the works. The worse thing about it was I had not even consciously downloaded this thing. It just seems to get onto your PC and then you end up going nuts. Whoever these people are which own the company who created this infection they need to be sued. Sued by every person who got infected. Taken to the cleaners. Then I'll wonder if they will do it again. In fact this is a pretty good idea. If the origin of any virus can be chased back to its source then every one ever let out to roam the net and their creators should be sued. Sued till they could no longer own a keyboard and had to think about where their next penny was coming from, then we'd see their creativity put to use.

So be aware, be afraid and if you have a second pc use it to find the solution on Google. I'm off to see my lawyer, pounds signs are just flicking up.

No comments: