Monday, March 29, 2010

There's an eskimo in my head


The clocks went forward and it's there's a likelihood of snow this week. The weather system and seasons have now gone in crazy mode. It was only last week I took some photographs of beautiful flowering crocuses and some very large bumble bees diving inside them. I noticed as they tentatively extracted themselves and were covered in orange pollen. Then it seemed they literally jumped over to the next crocus to begin all over again. If it snows the crocuses may die and the bees will no doubt get pretty confused. Which reminds me, I had better get out a jumper, just in case. You have got to be prepared.

I woke up this morning with yesterday's migraine come headache still lingering. Sometimes I might go weeks without one and then other times I'll get two or three in the same week. Something odd though happened this morning. I washed my hair and briefly while washing it the migraine disappeared. Whether I'm imagining a brief moment normality I can not tell. As the intensity is less today than yesterday maybe it will completely go in a short while. Maybe it's all down to having a big brain and not a big enough head for it to be housed in. So it tries to break out and then realises its just got to make do with what space there is and live with it. My brain is revolting, and I'm not letting it get away. Or perhaps it's the little men inside who crank the cogs up. I know they are probably asking me to eat some fish because they are fed up with the amount of Chinese food I'm eating. I can see them jumping up and down causing the thudding. Yep, one of those little brain working chaps is shouting out "I'm not Chinese mate, give me some fish!" I expect I must of employed this particular fellow from some far of Eskimo land, on account of the amount of snow and cold weather there has been around this winter. Because little Eskimo brain workers aren't bothered by the cold.

I just finished reading a book called Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrick. It's about some MIT students who count cards and take on the Blackjack tables of Las Vegas. I must admit to enjoying most of it, but I don't think it was as good a read as the film which came from it, called "21" with Kevin Spacey. So I will not be recommending it. The writing styles although clear isn't quite to my liking. Or maybe it's the little rich smart kids running around Vegas. Well the world has changed quite a bit since then so card counting is not what it used to be.

I'm still missing my cat Tigger. I think of him and have even pretended to give him a stroke. This morning I realised this is because I am at the "denial" stage of grieving. There being five stages each independent and overlapping and without and random. Kubler-Ross I think her name was, termed them as denial, depression, aggression, bargaining and acceptance. I know I need to accept poor Tigger has gone, but I don't want to because he was such a loving beautiful cat. Even now writing this wells up my eyes. Sometimes saying "get over it" doesn't work. I will it's just a matter of time. If only the brain worker in my head would stop jumping up and down it might be a little easier.

Hope you like the picture on top, it's my very own one of a kind and unique. If we get snow I'll take another and post it with my moans and groans. Come on now Crazyfirdayman, it's not the end of the world, things change, weather is unpredictable and life goes on. So get over it. Yep, the little brain worker is shouting out again. When I get the fish I'm going to slap him round the head with it.

No comments: