Thursday, March 25, 2010

Finding a calm sea

In a world where the sea rages it is necessary to find a quiet spot. For instance it would be no good sitting in a rubber dingy on top of the same raging sea. It will just get battered about, all over the place with you inside it. Wondering if it was such a bright idea to get in the dingy in the first place. Lets not forget, being bashed about by your supplies. It could be dangerous if there are in tins of food or a knife and fork. What I'm talking about is being able to find an inner place away from the trials of real life.

I have just sat down meditating to help calm my mind and calm my mood. The objective was to think of nothing and so I sat staring at a wall trying to count from one to ten. I imagined a ship on the ocean in the far distance, as though I possessed X-ray eyes and could see it through the wall. The ship was one I had been on before, when I went on a holiday to Portugal with Sparkling. It was a replica of the oldie type sailing ships, but it also had a motor and propeller. So it wasn't quite a true replica, but if you think of the oldie type ships with sails and ropes, you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, my head was a raging sea, swaying back and forth. Thoughts of events which had disappointed me, both at home and in the Fish Factory. My mind running in overdrive, trying to piece together what I should do. Yet the other part of it was saying take no action. It is very difficult to say the least when being vexed to just empty the head. Before I knew it half an hour had passed while I sat there. There was certainly some kind of relaxation going on. I sat on the edge of my seat, concentrating on posture and trying to do something with my back. The meditation wasn't succeeding, it was probably on a different sea from the one I was on. Fortunately I feel tired and maybe this tiredness will help me have a good night sleep. If it does it will mean the meditation has helped out a little and not let the worry monkeys play with my head, throwing peanuts or the skins from bananas at me.

Sometimes when I feel myself going into a moan, and then doing nothing but grown I get frustrated with myself I should not of allowed something to get to me. Finding a calm sea, a calm place to be is an art form, a martial art form of the mind. Imaginary or not, whatever place it is the art then comes in going to this place when in need. Hopefully everybody else doesn't have the same idea. It would hardly be much good if on this imaginary sea there are a billion other people. They have got to go find their own place. Someplace far away before I conjure up a great man eating whale, called Moby Dick the Second. On account of Moby Dick the First being on holiday.

So for tonight, peace evades me, I'll just have to not take any stimulants and let the monkeys go free.

No comments: