Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St Patrick's day and no company

It's St Patrick's Day, and in my dilemma of celebration I thought there might be a few familiar faces at the pub. There wasn't. It might be because it's a Wednesday and people just do not go out on a Wednesday to celebrate anything, except me. I had put off going to the gym and decided two pints of Guinness had my name on and were waiting. It only seemed justifiably right to celebrate. Even though I'm not Irish. Then from what I understand even some Irish people don't celebrate St Patrick's day either. How unloyal of them is all I can say. But then it could be because it's the middle of the week. Halfway through, tomorrow will be more than halfway through, and Friday would certainly have been better. I'd of guaranteed there would be substantially more people getting into the St Patrick's day mode. Oh well, sod the lot of them. My usual contingent of alcoholics were not even present. I could of very easily have gone past my limit and maybe hit three and a half pints. However, without any support two sufficed this evening.

I sent Sparkling a text and asked her if there was a St Scotland day. There was no reply so I can take it there is no such thing, but I'm sure there is. St Andrews day perhaps? During which Guinness isn't probably drunk as much as Scotch. Then Scotch is a lot stronger. I'd be under the table in no time were I to start on it. Shame they didn't have Guinness as well.

I had even taken my gym kit into the Fish Factory so I was going to hit the treadmill rather than the pub. For some reason the desire to sweat didn't appeal as much as a pint. I think I am now getting into some bad habits. I'm drinking too much and eating too many chips. At this rate I should be thinking about a Will. Hmmm.

Now there's a good reason to have another pint.

No comments: