Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Drawing up a CV and getting sentimental

I spoke to Sparkling briefly on the phone. Her day had been a nightmare and she was in the process of going out. So the voice I got was irritated, to mildly put it. The conversation was kept short and I stayed calm, and told her I love her. A text arrived not long after and an explanation of her dire day. I wished we could of chatted for longer, and I was able to help her relax with a foot massage.

This evening I've been trying to find my CV. There should of been a copy of one somewhere on the computer, but it has been so long since I wrote it, the computer may have been an old one thrown out some time ago. The notion to update my CV had come because of earlier interview successes. I thought it would be good to try and make something which said here is my life. It was a mistake. A mistake because it meant finding the information from previously completed application forms and from old examination certificates. I started listing with education first and employers next. As the time went on, maybe a couple of hours I began to get sad. Wondering about my achievements. How it is you can go to college or University, get qualified and never see a job worthy of your qualifications. Then whatever job you eventually end up getting, it doesn't use what you got. Especially if you know more than the big fish. The whales and even sharks have no conception of what knowledge some of the goldfish hold. As I looked at those certificates, some quite a few years old melancholy began to descend. I could barely remember the times I was at school. It was through evening classes my education really took off. I wrote down the months and years on the CV for each course I had done. The grades weren't much to talk about. My best being a "B" in English. I don't know why I felt sad, I just did. I just felt I needed a hug and some company as tears began to well in my eyes. No, it might not be a good idea to update your CV.

It was the places, the people, and the names which had evaporated from my memory. For now, quite some years later I felt alone. I so could do with such a very big hug. The sort you might get from Mr Blobby. The sort which would make you happy and warm, then laugh and laugh until the tears where nothing but joy. Where is Mr Blobby when you need him? Mind with my extending girth I'll be getting there myself some day.

No comments: