Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Windows 7 doesn't support USB internet connection

Well continuing with the laptop saga, it seems I may have a problem.  The laptop is new and the operation system is Windows 7.  Hmmm. in normal circumstances I might drool hearing this, but I'm beginning to think the thing is never going to get connected to the Internet.  For my connection is via a USB rooter and after a trawl on Google it looks like Windows 7 does not support physical connections to USB rooters.  This is a typical failure of bringing together old and new technology.  They just don't mix.  They are like oil and water.  In fact I'd probably get more response from throw a bucket of water over the whole thing.  The bottom line looks to be I have to get into the twentieth century and find out what wireless connections are all about.  What a bloody palaver.  A thing which should be simple is turning out not to be so simple after all. 

If it carries on at this rate I'll have to put an ad in the local rag.  One unused laptop, one frustrated owner, Internet not included but does have a batter.

No comments: