Sunday, April 29, 2012

Is it an allergy or is it me

I'm up north again in Sparkling's company.  She's had two allergic reactions which have bought her out in hives.  She's said she is allergic to me.  The first occasion it happened I called the emergency services, it was fifty, fifty whether Sparkling should go to the hospital and she decided not to this time.  The second time it happened was this morning and Sparkles had not eaten anything.  It was delayed by about 9 hours from the first episode.  She hadn't eaten and it was only me who she had been in contact with.  In an hour or so it had passed and the hives subsided enough for Sparkles to head into work. There was no further problem and the day passed with Sparkles eating boiled potatoes and cucumber.  Hardly any chance of a reaction to them.  One epipen used and two on standby.  Thing is Sparkles has not eaten anything I have made so this would mean if she is allergic to something it could be me.  I hope to think not because of me.  It just happens I happen to be around when it happens. 

This evening as I went out to the shops I asked Sparkles if she wanted anything?  Her reply was along the lines of:  A blond, six foot seven, who is good at plumbing, gardening, likes washing up and has a foot fetish so he can do her feet.  I wondered for a moment exactly what isle I'd find this man and asked whether it would be in the fresh produce section.  Sparkling said "no!" quite loudly and answered just as emphatically "in the meat section! Meat."  I asked if he wasn't available would an alternative do and tried to stat describing myself, which was interrupted as she said "no, if I can't have the meat I don't want the salami."  Wonderful, because Sparkles has got an allergy to me she's on the look out for an alternative.  I need to grow another foot taller, dye my hair, get muscles and take up plumbing.

Lucky I don't have any allergies.

No comments: