Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Jubiliee over and will power depleted

At last its the final day, the Jubilee virus is about to be killed because the celebrations end today, whoopee.  When I turn on the news I'll be able to see real news.  There will no longer be 24/7 viewing boats going up and down the Thames as if they were in some way exceptional.  They weren't, they were just boats and that's what boats do.  Life can continue as normal.  Tomorrow I'll be back at the Fish Factory and will feel a lot better for being back there.  It is such an imposition to have too long a bank holiday compulsory put on the entire country.  We should of been back at work today.  Hell, I sure wouldn't of minded.  I can't wait to get back to the grindstone.  And the weather is still crap, it's likely to remain crap for the next week or so, such is the epitaph of the Jubilee. 

I have been reading a book about willpower.  It seems we can wear out our willpower during a normal day at the office, only to get home and go crazy because it was used up keeping control of our emotions an impulses to scream or kill the bosses.  Women to appear to use up a lot of will power during their period and of all things it seems glucose helps to return that will power.  Hence the need for chocolate.  The book recommends if you are doing something which requires a lot of will power then only do that one thing and expect everything else to go by the wayside.  Nothing else effectively counts besides the one thing you do.  It is almost a powder keg waiting to blow up when I think about it.  For example, if I'm exerting will power at the Fish Factory to prevent myself from chopping off the heads of large fishes then when I get home there is very little left to stop me from yelling at the most minor of things   This seems about right.  But the one thing the book doesn't account for is the individual choice a person makes in their life.  If two people in the same household are using their will power at two different things then they very well could end up wrestling each other, screaming or doing something else cathartic.  It seems to this extent will power is synonymous with patience.  Presently I've been using up my will power to prevent my foot going crashing through the TV set as I watch another trumped up royal procession.   I've been eating a lot to say the least, which may have increased my glucose levels and ability to cope. 

It's said there are fewer bank holidays in the UK than the rest of Europe.  I agree.  However, there is a reason for this as well.  It's not just because a bank holiday means one less day at work, it's because while at work or away from alternative stressful situations will power is not being over extended.  We then fall back into old habits and the normal daily routine.  Which in some cases could mean having a chunk or two of chocolate.   It all becomes clear to me now, I should of got some right royal chocolate, shaped like the monarchy, then I could of bitten their heads off to my heart's content, soothing my taste buds and will power both at the same time.

No comments: