Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy 2014

I wish everyone a very happy 2014, and happiness is next to love one of the most important things in any persons life.

My 2014 was seen in at a pub in Scotland, they had a live band playing, mind it is difficult to classify two men on stage as a band. More like a couple of blokes who like to play a tune. One played an electric guitar the other sang along. I've never heard a contemporary song in the voice of Barry Manilow until last night, it was odd because I said to L & B man he sounded like Barry and behold the choice afterwards was a Barry song.  I went to the dance floor and had a few silky steps with the girls it was great fun.  However, noted to myself not to mix too many tins of diet cola and Guinness. Pint after pint of Guinness was going to make me pissed so throwing in six tins of diet cola in between seemed to have an effect on my belly. At which point I slowed down the consumption.  One thing for sure is cola companies don't put a warning about it on the tin when perhaps they very well should do. It wasn't actually six tins anyway, it was three or perhaps four.  There is still a spare one in my coat pocket which I refused to leave in the pub, seeing as I'd already bought it.

Sparkling Eyes was working all night.  She says this is the worse time of year for bar staff, all them men suddenly take goggle eyes and at midnight wanted to kiss her. They all tell her how beautiful she is, it's a pity they don't pay her more money to prove how much they think of her. It's very difficult living of minimum wage. She did make some tips though and it was a good crowd. Even if the bar help which consisted of a pair of teenage twin girls were on a go slow.  The other barmaids happened to be a arthritic manager and a pregnant admin staff.  No wonder Sparkling's legs were killing her.

L & B man was able to drink and then support himself in a semi sleep posture while standing up and leaning on a kitchen counter. He stood there kind of wobbling. I and Sparkling managed to get him to sit down. He is a party animal and must of woken up at some point to find everyone had left.  We got home at four in the morning and then had a phone call from him at seven in the morning saying he was going to buy tickets to see Depeche Mode on new years day, somewhere in Europe, possibly Germany and wanted to know if we were going as well. Sparkling was up for it but I didn't have my passport so was going to be left behind tending the cat.  When the phone rang it woke me up from a coma.  Someone should hide the phones from L & B man when he's been pished.  I wonder how many other phone calls he made.  I do remember him saying to me in the kitchen he liked me, even though at times I could be a prick.  Great. My self image for 2014 has taken a battering already.

Poor Rock Chick, Princess J and Dangerous Sports lad are all suffering from a heavy cold or flu like thing. Rock has Dangerous running about while she has hit the hay.  Awwe poor thing. Sparkling tells me when she saw Princess J a day ago she lit up with this enormous big smile, while her nose ran snotty. I'm sure Rock has whipped up Dangerous to go running out to get supplies of lemsip, walk Princess J and generally make himself useful.  Apparently Dangerous gets told off quite a lot for being a man in general.  It's like we are genetically predispositions to be unable to read a woman's mind and when we fail badly she ends up telling us where we fail.  There's a new year's resolution for all us men, learn to read a woman's mind.  I'm sure there is an evening course on it.  If not there should be, I'd teach it myself, however would probably make a poor example.  Awwe I hope they all get over the cold soon and cheer up a little when they do.

So for the time being I sit upstairs with Harvey ready to play a couple of tunes, and of course doing my best to avoid watching "the sound of music" on TV, which Sparkling tells me she likes because it is a musical and I should know she likes musicals.  She does.  Except for the music I play on Harvey which for Sparkling seems to be more of a comedy thing than a musical.  Second resolution, learn to sing better, maybe like Julie Andrews.  Hell now that would be fecking weird.

No comments: