Thursday, September 04, 2014

No Pain Migraine

It is an odd feeling but sometimes migraine does not have any pain. Most of the time there will be but once in a while there will be a no pain migraine. When this happens at first it is even difficult to recognise you have it. This happened to me yesterday. While at work I could feel the usual tension build up and accompanied by tinnitus but no physical aura of pain arrived. Instead there was a dizzyness, which can be nauseating depending if you are sitting down or walking about. A gentle walk to the photocopier suddenly feels a bit like being on the rolling seas on a little tub boat. Of course all of this is going on in your head and it's not necessary to grab hold of the nearest hand hold to make sure I don't fall over the edge of the carpet.  It's at this time I say to myself "this is not real, the floor is not swaying, you can walk straight."  Fortunately it was near the end of the day and hopefully would mean the rest of my colleagues wouldn't have enough time to establish whether I was drunk and disorderly.

So I have been to bed and got up again, had breakfast and sat down for a quick BLOG writing to non existent readers.  As I sat down I can feel the dizziness again. I didn't eat breakfast, it could be momentary starvation which is brining it on but I know it's the dizzy migraine thing happening again. I'll just walk in a slow lea surely fashion and keep calm, calm always helps. The good thing is being too busy with your own problems usually means the problems of work take on little significance. Now if only this damn boat would keep still!

No comments: