Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Australian Optometrist and the Fiat Design

Having now actually done a little golf and found the ball gets easily lost when I took my eye off it, this signaled it was time to get an eye test. So this afternoon I had one, the last took place 8 years ago. There is always a dominant eye, mines the left. In long distances I use the left, however in very short distances I use the right. Today I found there had been a change, not a great deal but enough I'd notice. The optometrist thought little of the change and said my present specs were OK. Though they are old and give me a head ache once in a while. He was Australian, I could tell from the accent. He talked a little about sport, his wife and general chit chat. In fact he chatted perhaps too much. Like he was in need of stimulation or was telling me something about eyes which I didn't know about.

Sparkling has got the Flu and told me it's my fault. I asked her whether it was "woman's flu" she said yes, the real flu. I'm sure it is related to her having to fix her wiper blade when it rains, because it has now stopped working. Something to do with a nut and bolt. It seems to be a common failure on Fiat Uno's. In fact it's a nice little gimmick for Fiat to earn a continuous supply of income because it is a design fault. It does make you wonder if design faults are intentional by manufacturers. One thing for sure, if the Fiat designer was in Sparkling's vicinity she'd take great delight in breathing all over him. See how he'd cope with stopping the car in torrential rain to fiddle under the bonnet with his high heals and curly hair. Yes, what a sight it would be.

No comments: