Friday, September 05, 2008

In Search of a Cooker

Today Sparkling Eyes got a new cooker on order. The old one a Zanussi which had the appliance of science, broke. To put it bluntly the door fell off. Mind it was a good few years old. Aliens will be coming Tuesday next week to pick up the Zanussi while the men from Kenwood will deliver the new one. Very nice it looks as well.

I over hear the radio while typing. A man had pulled out a weapon (gun) from his pocket and tried to rob the local bank. Well I hope they meant a gun and nothing else pulled from his pocket. Apparently he drove off in his dark coloured four by four. The description vaguely matches L&B man. The potential robber was described as being in his 40s and wearing a dark leather coat. It can't be L&B. Last time we chatted he was talking about putting up a bird table and mentioned nothing about doing over the bank. Unless he's been upset lately, well I know Scotland will be playing footy soon and their scoring record don't inspire much.

Poor Rock Chick has to go and work at the local fast food burger joint. I feel sorry for her. However, as she returned from school and sat on the pouffe she did swear at me, using the F-word a couple of times. Rock warned me it was the wrong time of the month she was PMSing. What is it about women wanting to throw shoes at me, batter me, or some how deprive me of my assets with nothing but a smile. I gave a short dialogue about what it was like when I was a kid, and what matters is money. She could of killed me. I retreated to a safe distance.

The world is so unfair when people find they have to do things they hate just to make a living. Early days yet for Rock Chick. Maybe I'll just hide her shoes away. Though fortunately for me I haven't driven Sparkling Eyes to the point of exasperation where she give me the Stare. The stare which says "one more word out of your and your dead" well only once. But it was a combined Stare and Finger point. The sacred index finger jab and stare. Passed down from generation to generation of female. Used at time of extreme male stupidity. But what would seem to any male as not being stupid. Best I not go into it. Our brains are different. We think about different things. I'd like to say more important things, but it would be very stupid to say such a thing.

Well off to sit in the company of L&B man and family. I wonder if he has a spare ski mask and any tips.

No comments: