Sunday, June 12, 2011

Have 2 wheels will travel

Well I collected my bicycle.  It felt weird riding a bike for the first time in years.  The balance was there, it just seemed the thing went faster than I thought bikes normally went.  Then there is the saddle.  Which feels more like sitting on an old wooden washing board, two minutes and my arse was killing me.  Which led me to using the standing technique of peddling.  As for suspension.  Well the model I chose doesn't have any, it was then I felt the holes in the road.  I'm glad I ordered mud guards for it.  At least they half worked.  Oh yes and it rained, I light drizzle and then stopped.  However as it had been like this all day long I found myself dodging puddles.  All this and finding I couldn't always keep the handle bars straight they wobbled a little as well, it all seemed just too well lubricated and easy riding.  When I timed myself it took 25 minutes to ride two and a half miles.  I was riding into the wind and taking lots of back streets so trying to avoid the main road.  Back streets are good, little traffic and they feel safer.  I almost have an impulse to ride it to the Fish Factory tomorrow.  It's just the security of it though.  I have a lock which would take a year to saw through but it wouldn't stop nefarious persons from damaging the thing.  They can do what they like with the seat, which would give me a good excuse to get another one.  I'll see.

In the next few months I could be losing the belly, I'm sure it may mean avoiding the butter biscuits I've just had with a cup of tea.  Well I did cycle 5 miles and I have got wobbly legs. 

No comments: