Saturday, March 17, 2012

Clutter or not?

I used to collect films.  I got loads of them on DVDs but now they seem to just take up space.  The room looks untidy.  I got books as well.  Shelves of them all over the place, they collect dust and again look untidy but my attachment to knowledge is a perverse thing.  Something in a book has value.  I read it years ago and barely remember it now but thought it was important enough to hang onto.  Some of the books are text books.  They have facts and figures and tell you theories of things.  I haven't read them all.  In most cases it may only be a few chapters, but I respect what other knowledge there is in them and hold onto them in the possibility they could become useful at some other date.  But the reality is I rarely look at them.  Again years go past, dust collects.  I am probably a low level hoarder.  A person who likes to have things around him.  But this isn't entirely true because I have periods of throwing stuff out because it's become an eyesore and I need the space.

What am I to do?  I threw out a load of notes from years back only to regret it a few months later because I felt I should of read through them all.  What am I to do?  Clutter, clutter, clutter everywhere.  Maybe a book of matches would solve the problem.

No comments: