Sunday, October 29, 2006

Autumn Sun


Today I met up with Green Car man and went to Greenwich. It was beautiful, the sun had decided to come out in one of those few days which autumn allows. It was as though to say a final goodbye for winter is imminent. Sunlight is a source of vitamin E, I think? So it's important to get it while it's here. Before the depression of long nights descend. The day was so clear looking down from Greenwich over the City of London. Even St Pauls Cathedral could be discerned. The City had spouted forth the first tall building developed by Olympia and Yorke who had gone bust, because of finance, it reaches 44 floors. Nothing in comparison to the sky scrapers of New York, but for London it is a travesty. The sky line is now changing dramatically. The beauty of old London becomes gradually dominated by what Prince Charles would call Carbuncles. However, looking down on the Maritine Museum and the old Naval college is wonderful.

We chilled out walking around Greenwich Market, and I bought some baklava, hmmmm delicious. Coffee and a small red change wallet, which I am sure will later be appropriated next time I see Sparkling Eyes. But I really wont mind. There was too many people about, but they all had the same idea of getting out to enjoy the day. I wanted to check out for some more American car number plates but couldn't find any on the stalls. Regardless, I'd rather be out on the last blessed days of autumn then stuck indoors.

I've got a thing for the Autumn Sun and the effect it has on trees, or rather I mean the light. It's the way it backlights the greens, browns and yellows. Not forgetting leisurely walking through fallen leaves. Crumpling below foot, and being tossed up and to the side with each step, they make a fluttering light sound. If only I had a camera in my head and could take these photographs and download them. Then maybe they could clutter out all the things I don't need. I could sit at a desk and work while simultaneously having my very own slide show. Autumn, I thank you.

No comments: