Thursday, October 12, 2006

Que for a Sub


I decided on a sub for lunch. This is a kind of long roll 6 or 12 inches, which is then filled with lovely fresh salad and/or meats etc. While in the que a girl in front began to sing along to a song being played over the speakers. I didn't know the song, and part of me was thinking how dare she do that. Because why on earth should the world be inflicted with the talentless vocal chords of people who thought they were pop stars.

It always occurs to me, where can you run or hide if someone is singing? Simply you can't. There is no strategy of avoiding a fake pop star, or should I say pop start. Eventually the song stopped and this person could no longer sing along to a song she obviously liked, and didn't know or perhaps like the next one.

However, (big smile) the following song was one by Lilly Allen, who at this time I'm fond of, so I begin to sing in my own way, humming, mumbling along, as I do. Oh yes, I was noticed, the girl turned to see who brought forth such beautiful eloquent NOISE, because I don't know the words and can only just about chip in with some of the chorus, but it was retribution. If you out there fancy-yourself-talentless-pop-stars and think you can sing, I'm going to think I can sing to, and I tell you what, my vocal chords are even worse!

So it's about time every Tom, Dick and Harry who walks down the street and has to put up with the noise from teenage wanabees, or religeous freeks who believe Jesus walks with them while they hold the bible, step forward. Yes, throw your head up high, breath deep, and belt it out, loud, proud and for fuck sake make them wish they had ear plugs.

No comments: