Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pick the best bits and harvest them inside

Beautiful Sparkling Eyes sent me a text message, I've been reprimanded for not communicating so am in trouble. Sorry, been extraordinarily busy today.

After have a conversation with the chair of a the butchers he told me how, the boss had been pocketting monies which should of gone on the shop. Monies which meant the shop was a bit dilapidated. The butchers had also been losing customers as well. Because the boss had been spending his time in the papershop. Although he was paid by the butchers for his own reason the boss preferred the papershop.

However, a man from the independent butchers association is looking into things and the boss is probably committing something close to fraud, except there were no formal rules on what the boss should be doing with the monies. Except some kind of unspoken agreement half he could pocket and the rest were meant for the shop. This boss however was greedy, it all went in his pocket. To top it off, he'd decided to go off on long term butcher's leave. Perhaps not to come back again. Unfortunately the gravy boat is still running and he's probably financially a very happy man.

A day in the factory was like a day climbing a sand dune, each step I moved upwards my foot, ankle and leg sank in, I then found myself slipping backwards and down. Very literally nothing got done.

Lunch turned out a fiasco, I walked into 3 seperate cafes and walked out again. The first was a Chinese, I sat down began to look through the menu then a lady came up to me and said she had been sitting there. She'd given her order and had popped back from the loo. In the second cafe, I sat down and looked through the menu, no waitress about. Five minutes later she turns up, walks past me and goes and serves someone else when I'd sat right at the front as well. Lastly in the third shop, I entered, no body was behind the counter. A TV was on with Bargain Hunt. I waited no one turned up, I walked out. Unfortunately lunch was pie and chips, though I expect the pie and chips didn't mind as much as me.

It's been a busy day, but I did see something wonderful. As I began the morning, I could see autumn descend. Tree leaves were falling and those on the trees were multiple shades between green and yellow, a beautiful cascade of colours to the eye. In a short while the trees will be bare. But for this one captured image throughout the whole day, it may have been uneventful and busy. But then it couldn't really be so uneventful if I'd been chastised by beautiful Sparkling Eyes, I smile inside. Indeed another wonder to my day.

No comments: