Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Cold is on its way

It's snowing heavy in Scotland.  Sparkling has told me they've had at least 8 inches of it, and still it drops from the sky.  She managed to travel down to her fish factory only to find one other person turned up.  Nobody else.  It means she will not get paid but the big fish gave her some compensation, two lovely steaks.  Hmmmm.  Whilst in London it is blooming freezing, there is no getting away from it.  I went out today and before leaving thought hard about whether I needed an extra layer of clothes.  So put one on and was glad I did.  The sun was out but fortunately no snow.  Frost was everywhere this morning as well.  It's the earliest on record such weather has hit us.  Sparkles decided it was best to just spend the rest of the day in doors.  Wrapped up and watching TV.  Dangerous Sports lad and Rock Chick were also inside, keeping warm, not daring to venture out.  I don't blame them.  Except after most of a day inside they decided to play in the garden.  Now in the of the back garden stands a snowman.  They have called it after me.  I noticed it had one of my hats on, and there in a hand was a can of Guinness.  Lovely. It will be nicely chilled by the time I get up there for Chrimbo.  Hopefully I'll even get my hat back.  Though it may be in need of a clean up.

So as the days and weeks wear on I look towards a change in the weather and finding the best thermal underwear I can.  It's a peculiarity to feel a need to be warm when it's cold outside.  It may even be an age thing, the older you get the more the cold is noticed.  If only we had our own fur coats, like polar bears.  Their fur is especially insulative.  They swim in icy seas so it has to be.  I don't know if walruses have fur, but penguins seem to surive the cold pretty well to, then they have a circulation thing going on.  Either circulatory or mini nuclear reactors in their bellies.  Best not to worry, just get to bed, curl up and then sleep deep and soundly.  Just as long as I don't dream of snowmen I'm sure it will all be O.K. in the end. 

No comments: