Sunday, November 07, 2010

Jerk Chicken and deprived of Kylie

The day has been busy, even though Sparkles had to hit the Fish Factory.  I made a personal list of things to do.  These were clearing up leaves in the garden, rummaging back up in the attic preparing for the electrician's re wire and lastly an inspiration again from Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals. I don't know what it is about Jamie but he does inspire me to actually get into the kitchen.  To do something, chop veggies, mix up concoctions of spices, fry, bake, and taste.  Of course it always goes a little more smoothly with a little drink.  Seeing as today's menu was Jerk Chicken involving a few table spoons of rum my tipple for the evening has been rum and coke.  I must admit, after the first one I started to get chilled.  I needed it.  On the walk back from the local over-large-chain-superstore one of the plastic bags broke and I lost a bottle of wine.  Then when I started cooking it arose I'd lost the honey and the garlic.  Great.  Sparkling was my saviour, she whisked me out in the car to search for more honey.  Unfortunately I only realised I'd lost the garlic on the next preparation run.  Sparkles went to the local shops and got a surrogate.  I wasn't happy but Sparkles said "get over it" so of course I got over it.  Otherwise I'd be in trouble.  I'll return to this point.  Sparkles also noted the rum I had used was had "Gay" in the title.  Bloody great.  I'm sure L & B man will be told and I'll get some kind of response from him. 

It was amazing.  I actually made something which tasted good and tasted like it wasn't me who made it.  Like a real chef had made it.  Although again the 30 minutes turned out to be more like 3 hours, especially with the excursions to get those important ingredients I'd somehow lost.  Like they had evaporated into some Bermuda Triangle of lost food.  I could of made little pictures of garlic or honey and written award of $5 underneath, but doubt if there had been any reply.  Yep the Jerk chicken was goooood.  So was the rum and coke.

Sparkles likes to glance her eye over my BLOGs she's probably me biggest fan, although she hasn't listed herself as a follower.  No I just get someone from some eastern block country who's checked me out said they follow me and probably in all intentions and purpose just wanted to change web page.  Well, Sparkles likes to watch X factor and as I had written a somewhat damning BLOG she wasn't happy with it.  Not happy at all.  So this evening as I sat watching X factor, forced because I didn't have the button for the TV and if I had it would of been wrestled off me.  It began.  I sat watching, then was told to "shut up" because I was talking too much.  So I did.  But from nowhere came Kylie Minogue, I couldn't believe it.  On X factor!!!  But I didn't have the TV control.  It was at this point Sparkles decided it was time to teach me a lesson.  So the channel changed.  Then no matter how much I begged for Kylie, Sparkles would not change the channel.  I gave up.  But to taunt me more she then went and switched to X factor.  Kylie!!!  Great.  I looked up, Sparkles saw me and changed the channel again.

Memo: Sparkles believes in Karma.  This evening my Karma come round and bit me in the arse.  Lost honey, garlic and deprived of Kylie. As for the cat well, he's another story.

No comments: