Friday, November 12, 2010

Talking to a Gay Marxist in the pub - with male pattern baldness

I got mostly drunk this evening.  Knowing Sparkles was grafting away I had two possible people to chat to while waiting at the train station.  Five minutes to kill before it came trundling in.  It was 15 minutes but I'd used up ten of those going to the Chinese for a take-away.  I waited as it gently rained, and stood under a train monitor so not to get too wet.  Phone call one, to Rock Chick. Went along the lines of "hello Rock Chick how are you" she replied "fine" I then asked how she was getting on with Dangerous Sports Lad and she laughed asking if I had spoken to Sparkles.  "No" I said, but I did get a text message.  Rock considered this to be the same as talking.  She wasn't talking to Dangerous because he refused to call for a Taxi on a night out when they were both intoxicated.  So Rock was now giving him the silent treatment.  I'm sure it won't take him long to realise he was in the wrong, to apologise and get himself put back into the normal order of things.  As males have to be.  Rock however gave the excuse she had company and couldn't chat to me any longer.  Blimey.  Only one minute and a little had passed.  Second option L & B man.  So I gives him a ring he answers "Slaggggg!, what's up?"  My reply is "hiya Fatboy,"  his abuse is short lived and he tells me how the log cabin has just had some lights fitted.  But also he tells me how I was probably standing all on my own on the platform scared of being mugged so was ringing him.  As if my making a phone call to Fatboy in Scotland would protect me were I actually being mugged.  I doubt it.  The train came and the conversation finished.  The other 4 minutes successfully filled, me and a Chinese were now heading off closer towards home.  Stinky cat and crazy Big Momma.

I enjoyed the earlier part of the evening and found myself chatting to a Gay Marxist who I'd seen in the pub before.  He had a hang up about the Catholic religion and how it didn't like him because he was gay.  I stated it didn't matter if he was gay and debated my views on religion.  For a moment he seemed to get emotional.  I think this may of been down to drinking too much and being Gay.  It might be a preconception but he was a sensitive fellow and the notion of someone not giving a toss about his sexuality seemed to overcome him.  I kept my back to the wall and advised him I was not gay.  Lucky I didn't tell L & B man about it, because he would of then had more ammunition to hit me with.  I can imagine it.  Asking if I'd pulled in one of those Gay bars in London again.  I felt sorry for Marxist man, he cried but was discrete when wiping the tears away.  I enjoyed the evening very much getting drunk on my two and a half pints and chatting to a bunch of blokes for a moment other things were forgotten.  It was only the one who was gay just the Marxist, and he was just sad and in need of company. 

I thought of Sparkles and wondered how she would of loved to have been part of the conversations taking place.  I love her and although it has only been a few days since I last seen her, my face smiles every time I think of her.  Eventually I got home, had the Chinese and sat down at last to write a little BLOG on a little bit of news I had.  I don't know why but all the taboo subjects were the ones discussed, sex, politics and religion.  Have I now got old?  Maybe.  Another subject was male pattern baldness.  Blimey, I should of had another pint then I'd of forgotten about thinning hair altogether.

No comments: