Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Baby Gaga Ice Cream - I'll pass on that thanks

It was with a kind of macabre interest I watched a news item about an ice cream being sold in a shop in London.  It was titled Baby Gaga ice cream.  Not at all related to Lady Gaga, except in part of the name.  The shock was to do with the main ingredient.  This being human breast milk.  It's odd, because I would of thought a woman's breast milk was for a baby not for anyone else to purchase in ice cream form.  Then there comes the question of hygiene and exactly who these women are donating their milk.  The Local Authority have now stopped the shop from selling they ice cream on grounds it required testing for bacteria.  I can't help thinking in some way a woman's breast milk is a sacred thing.  Not something for an adult who has a couple of quid in their pocket and some weird fetish.  There may be some very good reasons why the women are selling or donating their breast milk.  More likely selling it.  But still I don't understand why they would do such a thing, perhaps I was born on a different planet, one where I suckled the titty of a 9 titted green monster, who loved me dearly of course.  But one thing is very much for sure, I don't have the faintest uncling to eat or suck or slurp breast milk which came from some unidentified woman, not genetically related to me when I'm over 6 months old.  I prefer my milk pasteurised and out of an old cow who grazes in lovely green pastures, green being a bit like the alien mother who suckled me when I was younger.  I want my milk with my tea, or my cappuccino and I don't want it from anything else which doesn't have four legs or says "moo."

No comments: