Saturday, March 26, 2011

What's happening on 26th March 2011

It's a week and a day in Sparkling Eyes and Rock Chick's company.  On the first night I was told several times I was going to have my block knocked off.  Sparkling was going to do it but it was said in a kindly non threatening way, I know because the finger wasn't being pointed and Sparkles had a glass of wine in her hand.  I could of counted the number of times this was said but, would probably of lost count.  I was on the Guinness, very nice to, I felt happy.  As always, when I got a lift in the car I was happy.  Carrying a silly grin on my face.  Well I hadn't talked to anyone on the train journey either; I held it mostly together and didn't bombard Sparkles with inane chatter because the city centre was busy and Sparkles had to concentrate on the driving.  Last night Rock Chick also stumbled in a little worse for wear, this morning she's been not feeling so good.  It was a night on the town that did it, she says while standing outside a pub a man began talking to her and said she was related to Elvis.  I wonder if Elvis knows about it?  I'll ask him next time I bump into him at the bar. 

Today is 26th March 2011, there is a march in central London organized by the unions in protest against the government, at least 250,000 people are in attendance.  They have come from all over the country. The organisers advised to bring the whole family, so even little children are there, some being pushed in their prams.  Today is also the day of the Oxford and Cambridge boat race later in the afternoon.  Cambridge have been given the better odds.  It might be a two horse race, but for some reason one of these horses has got more riding on it.  The weather is miserable in London, no sun, overcast.  Fine if you happen to be a rower.  The march is stretched around parliament.  Some have even said there are one million attending.  Massive.  Lastly I'll just say the clocks are about to go forward one hour as we catch up with British Summer time. 

OK got some washing up to do and I was going to have a walk, so as to exercise a little.  Sparkles is working about ten hours today so she won't be around much. I'll go down to the large super market and see if there's something worth looking at.  It's always worth a stroll.  I've just finished watching another episode of Come Dine With Me,  I wouldn't mind I'd seen it once already. The weather for tomorrow?  Cold and cloudy.  I'll keep my eye out for a good woolly hat.

No comments: