Monday, March 28, 2011

Jamie Oliver my mate and track suites

The past few days I have been making dinners.  With the aid of a trusty friend.  Jamie Oliver.  Actually I feel like me and Jamie are becoming great friends.  His 30 minute meals are a work of genius, if you watch them a couple of times there's always something new you get to learn.  They are piled with so many little tips.  He makes light work of salsa like dips.  Everything is presented in a you can do way, which makes you just want to get out there and try them.  For me, his book has been a little bible.  Or rather a big bible. Sparkling and Rock Chick have been my test subjects and to their delight have enjoyed most of the food I've produced.  Sometimes his meals can take a little longer than 30 minutes, a hell of a lot longer if you consider having to buy the extra ingredients.  You wouldn't believe the trouble I had trying to get hold of puff pastry and I still haven't done his Portugues tarts, but they are next on the list.  They will have vanilla extract in, lick your chops and weep baby hmmmm.

Today I put on my tracky suit.  A little bit like the ones my mate Jamie wears - just watch one of his shows.  Sparkling got it for me as a Chrimbo pressy.  It fitted then.  But for some reason now it's a little short in the leg.  It doesn't look as good as the first time I put it on.  I think it's shrunk in the wash.  I asked Sparkles if it had been in the wash.  She replied "no" but I know she is pulling my leg, there is no way I could of put on this much weight in such a short time.  The top barely covers my belly now.  Sparkles is going to drop me off at a superstore so I can pop in and get some jeans.  Thing is she has clearly stated she will not be coming with me.  Then she threw a number of derogatory names about the sort of person I looked like.  Thanks.  I can assure the readers of this BLOG I do not live in a caravan or on a housing estate of dodgy reputed.   Neither do I take drugs or sell drugs.  The ones I take are prescribed by my GP or are freely available on the shelf and are not for any mental illness.  Sparkling obviously is afraid I might tarnish her image in this tracky even though it was her choice.  Anyway I can't find any other apparel which would be suitable.  And I'm certainly not going to hit the superstore in a Batman and Robin outfit.  I could put the hood up and then no one will recognise me.  Mind security alert might be alerted, then I'll find myself being trailed by blokes talking into walkie talkies, keeping an eye on me.  Just in case I am a suspicious looking character.  What a palarva.

Dangerous Sports Lad is here keeping Rock Chick happy.  It's funny watching them interact, they make me laugh.  Rock definately wears the trousers in that relationship.  Apparently Rock Chick has also aquired a Cockney accent.  She has been in my company too long and now thinks she can imitate me.  So Rock gives an impression to Sparkling each time she wants to pass on something I've said.  Rock did get a little bit annoyed yesterday when I was helping her with home work.  It was my own fault.  I must remember Rock doesn't always appreciate man humour.  Or child like humour.  I'll admit to being irritating at times, but it was fun and I did apologise.  Dangerous sure has got his work cut out for him.  Lucky man lol. 

Today's lunch is likely to be a curry, but it won't be a Jamie one.  Sparkling will no longer let me go out and buy ingredients.  She says we have to use what is in the cupboard, even if it's not on Jamies list or not there.  Memo, must look out for cumin seeds.

No comments: