Thursday, February 09, 2012

21 hours in bed with Flu, she was awful

I went to bed after leaving the Fish Factory early.  It was just before 6 p.m., in a fitful sleep interval by the shivers, over heating, dizzy head and constant coughing I then found myself half awake at 12:00 p.m.. I knew it was no good to get up and I had to continue through to the following morning.  I'd just had what on a normal day could of been my portion of slumber reality..  The next six hours were a lot more tossing and turning as Flu kept elbowing me, in the back, in the sides and she gave me a right walloping thump between the temples.  So inconsiderate.  There was no letting up.  One of my feet seemed to be colder than the other.  So I would more position, pulling my leg up once in a while and rubbing the cold foot.  It got cramp a couple of times as well.  Flu can stamp on your foot even lying down, it makes no difference to her she has no quibbles.  The next morning came and I opened the curtains, sun light streamed through the window and was like an additional electric blanket.  I just relaxed and drifted off into a land of stone dead fitful tiredness.  Beautiful.  I got up on the occasion because it was necessary to visit the toilet and about 10:00 a.m. rose just long enough to make two slices of toast and a hot cup of lemon drink.  I managed to eat one slice but had to force the second one down.  This was all I had eaten for 14 hours.  The dizziness was pushing me to the edge of stability as I held on tables, door frames and banister to get back to bed.  Once there my belly let out a groan of digestion it would rather be in a sitting position than laying down.  Flu made me feel a touch nauseous, but I overcame it and slept on.  A text arrived on my phone, I read it replied and dropped off again.  It was a necessary sleep, one where the blood cells were rallying to take on Flu and try their best to persuade her to go away.  Awake again it's now after 3 p.m. more than 21 hours of bed, but I can't live my life here I had got to get up otherwise sleeping could be more difficult later.

Pen to paper I write, go away Flu, you are awful and I don't like you.

No comments: