Monday, February 06, 2012

Being Human in the snow and TPS

Where do I start?  Well just seen the first episode of Being Human (a totally British production so screw you other English speaking continents who think they rule the world because the BBC actually does) it was fantastic.  Can't believe they have killed off three out of four main characters who had kept the last three series going, but they did and it looks like series four (not season four to an otherwise content) is going to be an out of this world experience.  Literally speaking.   If you haven't been watching it tough.  In the meantime whilst catching up on important TV I've also being researching the Toyota Production System (TPS).  To some people this is also known as the Thinking Persons System.  It's about how any organization can become a better more profitable organization.  Or a learning and scientific organization.  It's complex and helps if you have a Masters in I/O psychology, which I do.  But the thing is drinking home made JD and diet cokes does make the whole experience a little tipsy like.  Oh if only I was paid for the thing I like doing when I am off the clock.  Funny thing is, after about my fourth beverage I realised the TPS system is very much about Being Human.  That is being respectful to employees and giving them communication chains which were answerable directly to them when a problem arose.  Things at Fish Factory are going well because the boss is away.  It's great.  With a bigger fish out of the pond there is more water to swim in.  I feel so much more in control.  I'll admit to doing my best and ignoring the big fish's emails.  I'm naughty.  So what.  I wouldn't mind but they just have no idea of organizing a Fish up in an ocean. It's a matter of making the metaphors or similes congruent.  Fish off.  What else can I update on?  The snow is nearly all melted away.  Wonderful.  Bad news is a weather forecaster has said we could be in for a whole month of cold bitter mornings.  Well as long as the afternoons are sweet then I'll not worry about the mornings.  Now if I were a vampire I wouldn't worry about it, vamps don't feel the cold on account of their not being very human.

OK got to get to bed.  Last night I caught up on other essential TV and didn't hit the hay till gone mid night.  Then this morning I decided not to wake when my phone alarm went off.  The ring might be subtle but the body just was not responding.  Either this or I am having yet again another anxiety come panic attack at night.  Well us humans can't help it.  The alarm sounded off but my body cried out for more time in bed.  On account of a need to get seven hours sleep.  The body won on this occasion. I have broken the 30 day challenge already.  Who said it was easy?  No one, it's not, you try it.

Am off now.  A little dizzy but it shouldn't stop me from putting on my PJs and having sweet dreams, if not sweet then happy ones.  I can only but hope.  Sometimes the important TV just isn't so important.

No comments: