Friday, February 10, 2012

Recovering from Flu

This morning Flu treated me with a different set of conditions, glued up ears.  Both at the same time.  It felt like I was under water and sound was muffled by a million waves.  But I've come through the worse of it.  I advised Sparkling she should really sooth my brow and call me "bunny" of course this caused a lol text in reply.  She's hardly the "bunny" supporting type she tells me.  Don't matter, I think I'm coming through now, I can see the light.  It helps when it's switched on.  So does a regular hot lemon drink, echinacia and drugs I'm taking.  Every little bit contributes.  Over the weekend it will be all plain sailing.  I hope.  Fingers crossed.  You can only but hope, these things take a course of their own and you're become the back street driver.

I'm beginning to feel like a prisoner now so it's about time to get up and out.  My belly feels bit and it's about time it was assaulted with exercise.  I poked my head outside of the back door, there's still patches of snow and ice about which stubbornly doesn't seem to melt away.  My head told me it's still blooming freezing out, it felt like minus four of five, but it must be warmer otherwise there wouldn't of been so much melted away.  There's some old paint brushes in a tin.  They are standing upright and the water around them is frozen solid.  I suppose the smart thing to do would be to empty the freezer, turn it off to save on the electric and store everything outside, there definitely must of been times over the last week when it was warmer in the freezer than walking in the open.  It's not particularly good to be sitting around all day long but still pushing the envelope of recovery can be a tenuous thing.  One step at a time.  I don't know how the poor dicky birds are able to survive this weather.  They must have some insulation in those feathers.  If we were born with feathers we'd either fly or live in the antartic.  It's getting so boring I'd rather be at the Fish Factory.  I must be on the mend.  I got to be.  To say something like that.

Come on weekend, lets be having you.

No comments: