Monday, February 13, 2012

The boring authors, four lumps of sugar not two please

Not only am I losing my hair, very gradually but my memory is on the blink as well.  This I found out again after my computer crashed on a Sunday afternoon and needed to have it's operating system re installed.  The number of hours it has taken to get programs put back on it and for the various million windows updates to be downloaded from Big Brother corp have been been ridiculous.  There's still more programs which should be downloaded but I'm just not getting round to finishing it off.  Fortunately the Flu thing is on it's last legs and fading away.  A bit like the improvement in the weather.  It's no longer in the minus degree C.  Thankfully.  When I went back to the Fish Factory today I was told of how many people had been off sick from the Fish Factory department, 66 percent.  A lot.  A hell of a lot.  Flu is a right bit of a slapper if you ask me the way she has been spreading herself around and quite indiscriminately.  Indeed.  I also rang up Sparkling because I hadn't heard anything from her today.  She's been keeping herself busy painting and painting must effect one's ability to text.  Then I enquired about her next week off work only to find it is actually this week she is off.  So this week when I should really be up North I'm down South.  Just to think Sparkling could of been looking after me when I wasn't well with the ManFlu as she calls it.  Which is another item to add to my forgotten things listing.  Hey did I mention about not remembering all those blooming passwords to those programs which need reloading?  No I didn't, but I have now.  I mean.  Like putting all my favourites back on my browser.  So I have to go and find the favourites I had.  Which isn't anywhere near finished either.  I wish I knew more about computers.  This old thing is definitely on it's last legs but has been really faithful and done a brilliant job for what it is.  I'm considering a laptop, but it may be a few months before I can get get one.  On account of things other than a laptop being higher priority.  Like getting a new memory, better get the handkerchief out and start tying knots in it.

I did lunch, which was a kind of running affair thing.  Stopped in Chinese had chicken and mushroom fried rice and then headed to the pub for a nice coffee, a sit down and a read of my book, before returning to the madness of Fishes.  I now ask the staff for four lumps of brown sugar with my Americano, and no milk on the side.  Four lumps because I keep getting pissed of with the crummy two small lumps they normally give me.  So this time round the four lumps I got looked like house bricks.  If I go there another couple of dozen times then one of the three piggies can have these to build his homestead with.  You'd also think sugar would dissolve, but hell no, after dropping only two of the four lumps in my coffee it seemed I nearly ran out of the remainder of my lunch break when they did dissolve.  Maybe these sugar lumps were actually mortar lumps.  Well, you never know nowadays with every business doing it's best to cut corners or hike up prices.  Let me say this coffee is extortionate and all just to get away from the maddening crowd and a little peace.  Which on this blooming occasion didn't work out so well either.  On account of two men sitting on a table directly behind me and then going into a diatribe about books.  It seemed one of them had already written a book and was about to write another, whilst the other was doing his own autobiography.  I couldn't tell you what the content of these books were or weather they even sold copies of them.  Just to say, they seemed boring and this resulted in my fishing out ear plugs and sticking them in my ears.  Well I wouldn't stick them in my nose now would I?  For goodness sake, if you are going to talk about writing a book bloody make it sound interesting and make it sound like you're interesting as well is what I say.  By the way, this makes me think I should get on about writing my own some time.  I can see it now, the lonely life of a man in a Fish Factory, who is losing his memory, suffering from contagious illnesses and enjoys four lumps of sugar rather than two.  It will be on the best seller list.  Mark my words.  OK don't then.  But it could hold some interest, perhaps, maybe, possibly.  It's how I tell them what matters.  Delivery, delivery old chap, people laugh at delivery.  Unless it happens to be s spine chilling horror.  Then their laughter might be a bit on the sinister side.  Who ever thought cubes of sugar could be such fun?  Not me.

No comments: