Thursday, February 02, 2012

Time and tea

The time flies by quickly.  Today in a conversation with someone I said, the week had flown by and it was only Wednesday.  I was corrected, it was actually Thursday.  For some reason last night I went to bed at 9 p.m. I had just come over all tired and felt sleepy.  I've given myself the 30 day challenge.  It's where you do something consistently for 30 days without a break.  Three days have passed and I have managed to get up at 6 a.m. on each of these days and then did ten press ups.  You have to take it slow and easy.  There's no need in rushing things.  Rome wasn't built in a day either, but it's a start and I hope is helping me to feel I have gained back some control.  I don't know if I can keep this up for 30 days and I may well not, but it is the starting it which counts.  In part it's almost like counting the days until I next get to see Sparkling. 

It came lunchtime and I had bought sarnies from the shop, it was late so I ate them inside the Fish Factory.  It was a weird feeling.  I just felt odd because I usually go out at lunch time.  As well as buying sarnies I have been buying boxes of different teas.  On account I've felt taking caffeine may not be a good thing in a hectic Fish Factory.  You have to watch how those machines run and being too on edge isn't good for anyone.  My present range of drinks is Chamomile and vanilla, which has a nice vanilla smell to it, Ginger and Lemon, this one I think is good for the digestion and wakes me up, then there is boring Chamomile and I think a green tea with lemon.  The good thing is they keep me off the coffee.  Hopefully they chill me out a little.  Being chilled is an important thing in a stressful place.  Mind it is not just places, people can be stressful, events, noise, I suppose the list can be endless depending on who you are.  The more prone the personality then the more likely.  Looking on the Internet to self diagnosis can be even more worrying.  Think carefully I say to myself.  No I don't have leprosy or a brain tumour just because I can't remember anything nowadays.  It's the natural ageing process and none of my fingers has dropped off yet.  Which I guess is about creating your own stress when it is not necessary.  Some people I notice have a propensity to being chilled all the time, either this or they are just acting up.  I once heard it said, if you want to become something you have to act as though you are what you want to become, even if it goes against your inclinations.  Then as time goes on your first inclinations are subdued and the acting out ones become more real.  Interesting no?  Hussein Bolt strikes me as a chilled personality except he doesn't work in a Fish Factory.

OK back to the tea and contemplations of tomorrow, last day of the week,  I will get up early. Thanks to an alarm clock and the fourth day of the challenge.  Now what was I going to do?

No comments: