Sunday, February 05, 2012

A Snow Covered Morning for Davey Crockett

It's been snowing again, but the weather forecasters are optimistic this spell will all clear up in the next day or two.  The washing line has short icicles on it, there is also a peg but it's completely disguised by the snow and looks like a balancing snow ball on the line.  There's no wind so it is quite stable.  Drips of water around the house have created an immediate moat from the white stuff.  In Eskimo language there are more than twenty different words for snow, but I only know one, it's 'snow' and not really many others.  Sleet could be another then I've run out.  The news ran a short clip how on one motorway there was a seven hour tail back because of it.  I've seen a family of thrushes come swooping down into next door's garden.  They must of put out some food.  There are no pigeons about, for now.  Which is great.  I hope the disease ridden flying rats find someone elses house to sit on.  I'm still in my PJs and it's now 9:00 a.m.  Bam, Bam was going to come down and I was going to see my Great Nephew, I hope she decides to stay at home, it's not the right day to be out if you can help it.  I wonder what I should do with myself.  The question is do I stay in or do I go out?  If I stay in later this afternoon I'll have a mild case of Cabin Fever.  If I go out this little bit of a cold lingering in my head could grow into the flu.  Man or mouse.  At least mice are comfortable in their little cubby holes.  If I try and go for a cycle it wont be far.  If I walk my boots will eventually begin to soak.  If I see Monster Boy I'm going to get battered with snow balls.  Do I shave today or leave the bristle as a barrier against the cold.  Yesterday I suffered from cold face syndrome.  There are things to do if I stay indoors, it's just a matter of now getting out of my PJs and waking up to the world.  There is a layer of cloud cover making it appear dull outside, it's threatening.  The weather forecast was unclear if more snow would hit London.  Hell, I want to know if it will hit my street not just London.  I can tell a spell of sun shine would begin to melt it away.  This snow is not enthusiastic, it's clinging on to stay the way it is.  Just a couple of more degrees and it'll melt away, I can tell.  It would melt given the chance.  There is a trail of animal foot prints in the garden.  I know it's not Stinky the cat, he doesn't like this stuff.  Foxes no doubt and at least two of them.  I've become Davey Crockett now.  It's easy when the signs are there for all to read.  Four red indians travelled west, followed by a beaver and two raccoons.  They sat and had a meal, slept and then went off two hours before sun rise.  On account of the foxes waking them up.  Snow, snow, don't stay long, just go away and I'll be happy another day.

Time to get up.  I'm moving now.  There's a razor with my name on it and it's not for my legs.

No comments: