Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Northern Rock gets government garantee - Achoo



The big thing lately has been the effect of America's Sub-prime mortgages on the rest of the world's banking systems. I don't know why it is, but it would have to come from the U.S., I'd of thought having an embarrassment like Bush was bad enough. Nope, they throw another spanner in the works. So now Alister Darling has given Northern Rock a guarantee to fund all savings held in accounts. It is without president a judgement made by Darling 2 days late. Shares in N.R. have dropped ridiculously. Here is an instance of Darling's incompetency as a new minister. If he had any real brains the decision would of been made on day one. Looks like Gordon should go back to the drawing board and choose his cabinet with a little more savvy.


Savers in N.R. have acted like a frightened hysterical bunch. They actually put their savings in more jeopardy by panicking and taking out all of their life savings in a oner. They have followed the crowd, been sheep, been afraid, look out there's a wolf. RUN. RUN like your life depended on it. So they all did. I heard of one instance where a 94 year old man had cued up for several hours outside one branch. Here's someone close to pushing up Daisy's and he spends very valuable time queuing. Has he not got friends, family, or anyone in his life he could tell how much he loves, or just sit and drink tea. Quite frankly were I 94 years old, I really wouldn't give a damn.

On a moralistic note I heard on the radio how N.R. had been so philantropic. How it had given away millions of pounds to good causes in the North. It's sad such a noble company is having to run the gauntlet of panicked investors.

I'm not feeling so bright eyed and bushy tailed at the moment, having come down with a case of diphtheria. I'm sure it will pass in a day or two. As my smallest nephew once said "my nose is leaking" achoooo. I sure hope it isn't bird flu. Fortunately there hasn't been a case of it in this part of the world. But it always starts with one, achoooooo.

No comments: