Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pulling whale teeth is hard work

Time at the Fish Factory goes by fast.  Like a rocket.  Presently it is too noisy there and I'm on the verge of killing half a dozen people.  It's like I have work to do dissecting this whale and it takes all of my concentration but, other people chatting away invade and steal my concentration.  I get interrupted constantly with people asking me questions or opinions, I get phone calls just as I'm pulling a tooth and whale tooth's are pretty big.  Then there is the tap on the shoulder by another fellow, asking me whether this fish qualifies as a fish because it looks like a turtle.  I say to him "hey I don't know" they are all the same to me.  I turn back round and wonder what I was doing and have to revise and get back into the mood.  These people are stopping from doing my job.  One more interruption and they better watch out because the placid personality will become a beast, it will tear of their heads, not just the one, all of them.  At this point in my day it is then usually time to for lunch.  I run out of the door and consider the prospect of getting completely drunk because those fishes back at the factory just won't let me get on with my own job. 

The Layabout lad has broken up with his girlfriend.  He is mortified over it.  A few days before he told me this I saw him and his ex, they were sitting at opposite ends of a settee.  I spoke to him and said he didn't have a relationship.  He was in complete denial of this and couldn't see how his requests and guilt trips on her were the only thing which made her tolerate his presence.  So I've asked him if he'd like to go out for a pizza at a new restaurant I know.  I might get him drunk then see if he has heard of Monty Python and their song "Always look on the bright side of life" which although depressive is quite catchy and is meant in good humour.  I will find some comedy films and give them to him to watch, he desperately needs to take his mind off his ex and get on with life.  I told Sparkling about this.  Her response was a little less tolerant.  Seeing as she now has little in the way of finger prints from working at her own Fish Factory she advised if Layabout Lad didn't sort himself out she'd come and beat the living daylights out of him.  Which makes sense.  It would take his mind of his ex and he'd think more about the pain he was in.  I ask how come I love Sparkling so much, it must be because she speaks her mind and has very sparkling eyes.  Yep, Layabout Lad had better look out a visit could be pending.

Mr L & B is on holiday in America.  He sent me some pictures of an elephant, he told me the pub I was in was probably full of gays and he then went and spent five bucks squirting water at tourists in the resort he was at.  It was giving him the best kick of the day.  Sparkling has also heard from him.  He'd been grumpy because he wasn't getting updates on the completion of a loft conversion.  It sounded like his mind was elsewhere.  I think he wants to beat me up as well.  Then it wouldn't be normal if he didn't threaten me with some form of physical violence or deliberations on my sexual orientation.  I do the same with L & B as well.  It's a man thing.  A bonding thing.  Well not bonding, but you know manly thing.  But not too manly.  Just butch manly.  It sure beats trying to pull whale teeth that's for sure.

No comments: