Monday, October 18, 2010

Shorter up top than ever before

It was a day off from the Fish Factory so I decided to hit the hair dressers.  Yep.  The Afghanistan man who has only one real style of hair cut.  Short.  If this isn't your preference then there is always the Shorter.  Lastly there's the where's my hair gone cut.  I could of gone without a trim for another couple of weeks, but walking to the hair dressers gave me a chance to get out of the house.  Maybe I should of stayed in, then at least I wouldn't feel the draft as much as I do now. 

I got there and two grey haired gents were sitting in chairs being trimmed.  One of them seemed to of had quite a bit removed from behind his neck.  Which was the Afghan bloke who did it.  Then I was up.  The door remained open to the shop so traffic could be heard.  Mr Afghan seemed a little jittery today.  He was even singing to pop music piped from the TV.  However, he was also dancing, the kind of dance I see ravers do when they are high on something.  Which led me to the conclusion Afghan may well of been high.  The conversation I had with him served two purposes.  One so I could see if he accidentally loped one of my ears of and secondly to keep his attention on my head and less on his dancing.  We chatted a little about pop music and I found he was also a Lady Ga Ga fan.  He said she had produced 50 plus songs in only two years.  It may have been an exaggeration on his part.  However, he thought if she carried on like this she would be big, I mean very big in music.  He didn't think a great deal of Cheryl Cole and was up for giving her a good slagging off.  He remarked if Cheryl washed the make-up from her face she would look like a monkey.  I wasn't sure if I agreed with him.  But this was secondary to seeing what was going on up top.  Now lets just say there's very little left up top.  It's cold up there.  When I walked back home I thought my hat had got bigger, but it couldn't have, I'd just lost more hair than normal. 

Memo to self.  Don't get hair cut by someone who may be high on acid or some other fidgeting invoking substance.

No comments: