Sunday, October 24, 2010

Zombie abduction by way of PSP

Layabout Lad has a thing for Zombies, be it movies or books, he about knows everything there is on Zombies.  Personally it would not be my preference, but as the saying goes, each to their own.  However, sometimes things can happen right under your own nose and you're not totally aware of it.  This is what I think.  Layabout Lad's little brother Monster Boy has been abducted.  Yes. It is true.  In a real life Zombie attack, he has been sucked into Zombie land and can't even see it.  Well he is only 10 years old, so at this age sometimes you don't know when some big nasty staggering zombie wraps his arms around you and then takes a bite.  Yep.  Poor Monster Boy is no longer the energetic ever manic person he used to be.  The Zombies have got him.

I first began to notice this when I turned up at his house and he was engaged in playing PSP.  It's a portable games consul for those who don't know.  After about fifteen or twenty minutes of no movement, and his complete fixation on the LCD screen I wondered whether he was alive.  He barely was.  I put my hand over his eyes, tickled him and twisted his ears, one at a time.  The respose time was slow.  Whereas a normal fully com pus mentus Monster Boy would of come back at me immediately in retaliation this Zombie infected PSP Boy didn't.  I don't know whether I can rescue him from the brink of Zombie and human being transition and pull him back into the living.  It is going to be an extremely hard task. He also makes grunts and groans as he plays on his PSP, not all the time, which would be silly.  He makes these when I try to engage in conversation with him.  Nothing but monosyllabic responses come back to me.  I just don't know where the happy and excitable Monster Boy has gone.  He just lacks the engagement he used to have, the smile and cheeky demand he showed has been replaced by quiet, concentration.  The PSP is held in front of him like he were Zombie transfixed by it.  A long electrical cord can be seen trailing behind to the mains socket.  Occasionally full and complete disengagement from humanity happens when he has headphones plugged in.  Then whatever I say gets drowned out by the events of the PSP.  He is more than hypnotised, he is now becoming brain dead to the world.  The PSP is not a nanny, but it has become in effect a child minder and child abductor to Zombie land.

I hope this is not the ending of the world.  I quite like human contact.  Looks like I will have to head towards the closest DIY store around.  Now, where do I find instructions for making your own cattle-prod I'm sure I'll get some notice then.

No comments: