Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's - now what about a horror movie?

I managed to get a Valentines card to Sparkling in time, in fact she received it early and there I was thinking it might not get there at all.  Then today, the dozen roses turned up.  Awwwe.  Rock in the meantime had Dangerous Sports Lad turn up with a card wishing her happy valentines.  There were tears, lots of them I understand, a puffed up face and red eyes as well.  Even though he couldn't afford a gift this time round I made a promise.  Awwwe, he made her very happy.  And his making Rock happy makes me happy to.  Sparkling said the evening had been set.  The girlie's were all going round, she was going to get lots of snacks in for them and they were all going to sit there watching horror movies.  It's odd.  Valentine's day and they are choosing to spend the night with horror movies.  I really, honestly do not know what goes on in the female head.  It is a mystery beyond all mysteries.

In the meantime last night I got involved in car crash, catch up TV on various media web sites.  There was the hour and a half of the 50 worst plastic surgeries, there was an episode of Being Human, a documentary on Nepalese widows who apparently are completely shunned by society.  I tell you it had me in tears when I heard their Hindu Holly man chastise widows as women who had done a very bad deed in an earlier life.   It made me want to beat the crap out of him.  Then I ended at some point by watching another documentary about a single girl living in a flat in London who was in danger of having her small son taken away because of a violent partner.  Any trace of horror films no.  None at all.  I think my hormones are on the brink, I'm needing more tissues than the girls on valentines day.  As for bloody horror movies, I think I'd need a three seater sofa to hide behind.

No comments: