Friday, February 25, 2011

Tired and looking for oxygen

It has been a week of madness at the Fish Factory.  At times I answered the phone and even forgot who I was or whether it was morning or afternoon.  So today when it got quieter, I just seemed to shut down and go into a go-slow mode.  They'd had more than their pound of flesh.  They'd had a pound of flesh plus a quarter of chocolate covered raisins and peanuts, which by the way I haven't seen in shops for a long time.  Gone are those days.  Very far gone.  So after such a busy time there is a point where zombie mode takes over, this was the place I had gotten today.  Stretching out my arms and groaning.

My darling Sparkling Eyes sent me a Valentine's card the other week.  It arrived early. She apparently had bought it when she wasn't wearing her glasses and just liked the look, even though there was a pink written message on the front.  It was a little saucy.  So I decided it was probably best not to put it on display.  But right now I have taken it out of it's envelop again just to get another look.  Sparkling had written on the inside "never buy a card when you don't have your glasses on."  Like Sparkling I didn't fully read the text on the front and so it didn't register.  I had to close the card and re read what it said.  Yes she's right.  I'd probably add the rule "never buy a card until you have read every word on it" which goes quite well with her's.  Last night I rang Sparkles and she didn't want to chat to me because she thought her day had been boring.  This then became a game between the two of us.  She tries to get me off the phone while I desperately try and think of conversation to get her involved in.  It's not that Sparkling has had an uneventful day.  What matters is I am actually getting to talk to her and hear her voice.  Because I don't hear her voice every day, and no matter what it is she talks about I am interested in.  She then jests I am a stalker.  Whereas for me our conversation no matter how menial makes me happy.  Sparkles managed to shove me off the phone even after I told her I thought our chats were like oxygen.  She laughed and thought I was odd, but I know she liked it.  Indeed I can't help how I feel.  When you love someone and don't get to see them often then they are always on your mind.  Until you get told to do the dishes, or they put something brain dead on TV like X-Factor.  At this point the oxygen can be a bit soporific.

No comments: