Thursday, December 29, 2011

Last return to London for 2011

Well I am back in London after an uneventful journey.  In part this is a shame as I have now got used to the routine of claiming back fares when the operator is late.  The later they are the more I can reclaim, but there is always next time, and I'm sure there will be.  Already I am missing Sparkling Eyes, Rock Chick and Dangerous Sports Lad.  I managed to eventually get used to being woken up early in the morning as Dangerous got in from work, the cat Olly behaved himself mostly and didn't get me up at 2 a.m. in the morning wanting feeding and a run.  While Sparkling kept me fed and watered and will claim it is my own fault if I put on more weight, because I should learn to keep my mouth shut.  Of course.  The thing with Chrimbo it's a time of over indulgence and a lot of pounds in weight have been put on in the Western hemisphere I'm sure.  I was also pleasantly surprised to find a Kylie calendar Chrimbo present unopened.  What an artist.  She's on my wall now, I'd like to say looking down on me but being as she's struck in a pose with her eyes closed she's not really looking anywhere.  Further, she is a bit of a short arse.  However, the reality for me was my Chrimbo ending last night when Rock Chick beat me at Scrabble.  I used every excuse I could think of, but she did it fair and square.  Although it was funny catching her lean over and look at my letters when I had walked out of the room.  Naughty Rock Chick.  Never mind, I will be able to see Sparkles and Rock again in a couple of weeks time when I next go up North.  Between now and then I'll try and get in a few pages or dictionary reading.

Tomorrow I'm back at the Fish Factory.  Just the one day then off again as new year hits.  Next year if I am lucky, I may even do more BLOGs than I did this year.  Which would be something.  Life goes on.  Presently my eyes are closing of their own accord, telling me I need to hit the hay early.  There is only so much partying one tired fat man can do then it hits.  Merry Chrimbo one and all.  I'll write tomorrow.

No comments: