Sunday, November 11, 2012

Avoiding the talk or not

I have barely heard from Sparkling over the last couple of days.  Just the odd text today, nothing yesterday.  Then I find out she was not working but decided to chill out the entire day.  I am happy Sparkles too this attitude because she works too hard a lot of the time and doesn't get paid enough.  This seems to be the nature of present day work, the country is in a recession and being in a job is pretty valuable in itself.  Sparkling actually gets paid less than some younger relatives.  Gladly I am in love with Sparkling not because of her pay but because I just am. It has no explanation.  Of course I'm sure she loves me for who I am as well.

Tonight Sparkles is helping Rock Chick with preparing for a house move.  Being canny Sparkles put away Rock's crockery except for a couple of plates, bowls and little dishes.  Which means once used for eating food they have to be washed up.  When I was told of this I laughed, for Rock has an aversion to washing up whenever she can get out of it. This is something she sees Dangerous Sports Lad useful for.  I think she will also throw this responsibility on Dangerous a lot more as her pregnancy means she has an aversion to going in the kitchen at times.  She says it will be the smell of the bin, but I actually know it's because there is a bowl of dishes waiting to be washed up and it is her turn to do them. Being pregnant has effected her ability to do household chores. Boy how Dangerous must be finding this out first hand. They are moving tomorrow.  Their new home is on the ground floor, their present is up three flights of stairs.  Rock likes her new home, so does Sparkles, it has double glazing and central heating. Which are two items the present one does not have.  With winter in Scotland, a baby on the way these are essentials.

Another person I hadn't seen for a few days has been Monster Boy. I took him out on my Sunday walk. We had a late morning breakfast in a cafe called the Giggling Sausage.  I said to Monster it was a funny name. He liked the pun but didn't laugh at it.  It must be my humour just doesn't quite crack it with 12 year old boys.  I enjoyed the walk because it gave us a lot of time to talk and Monster loves to talk. It was great fun.  I put my arm on his shoulder, ruffled up his hair and made him feel his Uncle cared a lot for him.  Unlike my recent communication with Sparkles, Monster can talk the hind legs off a donkey providing the donkey is conversant with Star Trek and Star Wars.

Next week, I will be up in Scotland so will at last have a chance to see Sparkling all over again. I can't wait, for she will find out I can talk a lot as well. Unfortunately she also tells me to shut up.

No comments: