Saturday, November 10, 2012

A late night music prescription

Here I sit, past my bed time and awake because I want to. listen to music.  It's strange how this urge just takes over. Contemporary, pop, soul, R & B, folk, electric, heavy, anything, heck it don't matter what it is, just it has to be listened to.  I could even get up and dance to it, being completely sobre as well. If there's swearing in it, even better, like it's the untouchable, the kind decent folk don't like, or the kind Aunty (BBC) would blank out. Yet Aunty would play because it is too popular not to play. Just as long as it isn't old. Old music which has already been heard.  Old music which was OK at one time but now is too old.  But, old music unheard of before, which has a novelty to it missed at the time but acceptable now.  It don't matter I gotta hear it.  A beat also makes it good, a toe tapping beat which can't be avoided. They type you don't realise is taking you over until unconsciously your foot is tapping out to the rhythm. Then you wonder where the hell it came from and can't recall what it is called. But it's there, floating about in your head. The words forgotten in most part.  Except the catchy ones. The ones which seemed to rhyme at the right time and in the right place. It's refreshing.  I'm awake and not through insomnia but through choice and the music. It's in my bones.

The Verve - Bittersweet
Coldplay - The Scientist
The kooks - Naive
Wheatus - Teenage Dirt Bag
Vanessa Carlton - A thousand miles
The Fray - How to save a life
Mumford and Sons - Littleman
Metronomy - The look
The Black Keys - Next Girl
Kamin - Pumped up kicks
Neuton Faulkner - Write it on your skin
Alex Clare - Too Close
Carly Rae Jepson - Call me maybe
Train - Drive by
Ed Sheeran - You need me, I don't need you
The Script - The man who can't be moved

Ok, eyes tiring. I wrote them down because I wanted to try and remember, who sang what and possibly in this rattling old brain which has a lot of things fall out of it, just maybe keep a couple of these items. Off to bed, sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Helena said...

That's a neat set list!